Best Microneedling Vancouver
The last several years has seen a lot of microneedling devices come to market, from home based rollers to professional devices. As an owner of a skin care clinic I resisted the urge to get my own device for my clinic as what I saw from other operators made me cringe generally in relation to the look of patients after a session. Think raw meat. And painful.
In 2022 my laser supplier, Cynosure, introduced me to the Potenza™ which combines both microneedling with radio frequency treating active acne, acne scars and anti aging concerns such as sagging skin. I was amazed by its results and by the generally more pleasant experience and outcomes of the patients.
Derma Bright Clinic has been in business since 2012 and we do a lot of work with both acne and anti aging so this device would be a great addition to the types of treatments we already do. And very importantly, the Potenza had the type of outcomes people want: smooth skin, tighter pores, scar diminishment, and tighter skin. I was sold.
We have had our device for over a year now and the clients who have had the service thus far have been happy. And my key technician has seen such good results that she discusses it with every one who comes into her treatment room.
So what do you know about the Potenza™? About Microneedling? About Radio Frequency?
The following is an overview of the Potenza™ to give you, the reader, more information and to determine if the Potenza™ can help you with any of your skin care concerns.
What makes the Potenza™ different from other microneedling devices?
There are a number of features which make the Potenza attractive when compared to other devices:
- Variety in treatment options:
- There are 4 different Radio Frequency modes for shallow and deep treatments in one system, and
- These include: Monopolar and Bipolar and 1 & 2 MHz.
- Different types of tips for different purposes:
- It has a one of a kind Fusion Tip designed to enhance topical penetration;
- And it has the one-of-a-kind Tiger Tip™ technology which is a semi-insulated needle that treats more tissue at multiple depths;
- It has 10 single-use different tips with multi-needle arrays in various densities
- And it has single needle tips at various depths, and
- Single-needle handpiece to precisely target and improve active acne.
What Types of Skin Issues Can it Help?
- Tightens skin;
- Improves blemishes on the skin;
- Results in the regeneration of elastin and collagen, and
- Health Canada: indicated for the treatment of acne vulgaris.
And we love that all skin types can be treated anywhere on the body and any time of year.
The Technology Explained
The Potenza™ has two main components to its efficacy: Microneedling and Radio Frequency (RF).
What exactly is RF: Radiofrequency (RF)?
Radio Frequency (RF) is part of the electromagnetic spectrum characterized by a specific frequency measurable in Hertz (Hz). The Potenza offers 1MHz (1 million cycles per second) and 2MHz (2 million cycles per second) options. RF energy produces electrical charge changes of the treated skin creating an electron movement. The resistance (impedance) of the tissue to that electron movement generates heat. The amount of heat generated will depend on these factors:
- Impedance of the treated skin;
- Intensity of the current applied, and
- Length of time of exposure to the RF energy.
What is Bipolar and Monopolar?
Bipolar RF: means the current passes between 2 electrodes which limits the current to the area between the electrodes. The depth of penetration equals half the distance between the electrodes resulting in shallow tissue heating.
Monopolar RF: means the current between active treatment electrode and passive grounding electrode (the Neutral Pad). This means lower energies resulting in no pain, minimal adverse events and a high penetration of the emitted current.
What is MHz?
1 MHz and 2 MHz Frequency: Higher frequency energy is more quickly absorbed than lower frequency energy. The rate of energy absorption also depends on the tissue type and the water content.
How Does RF Microneedling Work?
Patient Expectations: Microneedling with the Potenza can help to address the most common aesthetic concerns because of the added benefit of advanced radiofrequency technology.
Various Different Types of Potenza™ Tips
This one-of-a–kind tip is used to enhance topical penetration in order to maximize results. This is the first and only tip to provide enhanced topical penetration to maximize results. It uses a dual-air chamber design to capture and release air towards the skin in order to enhance the penetration of topicals into the channels. It is a 21 insulated needle array with an adjustable depth of 0.5-2.5 mm. It operates in monopolar at 1 MHz which enhances topical penetration.
How does the Fusion Tip work?
The Fusion Tip has a unique dual air chamber inside the tip. As the needles move, a pressure change occurs between these chambers. When needles are depressed towards the skin a negative pressure occurs creating a suction effect. This creates the “enhanced engagement with the tissue”. As needles are retracted from the skin, the pressure within these chambers changes. The positive pressure results in a release of air at the treatment site which may aid in the retraction of the needles. This Fusion Tip difference results in topical penetration that is enhanced up to 67% with the Fusion Tip.
How does the Tiger Tip technology work?
The Tiger Tip is adjustable to depths of 1.5mm – 2.95mm and is used with both monopolar or bipolar. It delivers dual areas of coagulation in a single pass. It is used for treating more tissue in a single treatment. RF is emitted from two uninsulated areas of each needle at the same time.
Tiger Tip TM Technology Semi- Insulated Needles (S-Tips)
Delivers two horizontal areas of coagulation, at different depths, in a single pass resulting in increased coverage with a quicker treatment, fewer passes and treats deeply without sacrificing the epidermis. These S-tips are great for deep tissue tightening.
Insulated needles are intended for revitalization treatments. The tip (0.3mm) of the electrode needle is uninsulated which provides targeted, precise RF energy to the selected depth. This results in less risk of skin surface side effects and direct energy delivery to the dermis.
Used with the handpiece to precisely target and improve blemishes on the skin. Single needle AI-15 tip is available in 0.8mm, 1.2mm, or 1.5mm depths and operates in monopolar at 1 MHz. There are 1-6 pulses of energy that can be performed per blemish Used to precisely target and improve active acne.
Who is the Potenza™ Microneedling with RF system for?
The top potential fits for Potenza treatments are those seeking to correct:
- Mild to moderate laxity with relatively elastic skin;
- Mild to moderate skin blemishes, and
- Mild to moderate textural changes.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
The formula for treatments is generally: 2 treatments if you are in your 20’s, 3 in your 30’s, 4 in your 40’s etc. So an example, 3 – 5 treatments would be 4 – 6 weeks apart. Some clients may notice improvement after 1st or 2nd treatment and it is important to note that the skin will continue to improve over the next 6 -12 months post treatment. Results will vary from one person to the other though.
What are the Contraindications for Potenza™ Microneedling?
- Patients with a pacemaker;
- Prior gold-thread skin-rejuvenation treatment ;
- Keloid formation propensity;
- Skin infections;
- Pregnant and/or breastfeeding;
- Metal implants;
- Embedded electronic devices that cannot be turned off or removed;
- Nerve insensitivity;
- Severe skin laxity or sagging;
- Has used Accutane (Isotretinoin) in the last 6+ months;
- Takes aspirin or prescribed an antiplatelet, thrombolytic, anti inflammatory, or anticoagulant Rx;
- Bleeding disorders;
- Allergies to adhesives, gold, or anesthetics, and
- Unrealistic expectations of end results.
We would be cautious before confirming a treatment with the following situations:
- Prone to fever blisters/cold sores: A prophylactic antiviral medication regimen should be prescribed prior to treatment;
- Undiagnosed lesions: Evaluation should be performed prior to treatment;
- Use of retinoids in the last 7 days, have received fillers or neurotoxin injections in the last 2 weeks, and use of chemical peels in the last 2-3 months;
- Tattoos or permanent makeup in the treatment area or in the NEM pad placement area
- Autoimmune disease;
- Medications that alter hemostasis or healing response;
- A history of healing problems;
- A neuropathic disorder, impaired skin sensation or diabetic neuropathy, and
- Implanted cardioverter defibrillator (ICD).
What do I Need to do to Prepare for a Potenza™ Treatment?
Here are some helpful tips:
- Hydration is important, avoid drinking alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment;
- Discontinue usage of exfoliative products;
- Shave visible hair from the treatment area;
- Male beards should be shaved on the day of treatment;
- Pretreatment photos are strongly recommended;
- Share pre-existing skin conditions, and
- Consent form is reviewed and completed.
What Can I Expect the Technician to do Before My Potenza™ Treatment?
The Technician will:
- Determine the treatment area(s).
- May apply topical anesthetic prior to treatment.
- Thoroughly cleanse the area.
- A final cleanse of the area with alcohol or acetone is recommended.
- Ensure all jewelry is removed.
- Adhere the neutral (NEM) pad for all monopolar treatments.
- Insert a new tip into the handpiece and record the tip serial # found on the packaging.
- The practitioner must wear gloves while performing the treatment.
- 1MHz Intensity: One million cycles per second, deeper, wider treatment and more comfortable Generally use 1MHz for darker skin. It is also more comfortable in thinner skin and at shallow depths.
- 2MHz: Two million cycles per second, energy is absorbed more quickly, it is more focused and generally a more aggressive treatment.
- Monopolar RF: configuration consists of an active treatment electrode (needle) and a passive one which acts as the grounding electrode (Neutral Pad). It is a deep and wide treatment area, and the most comfortable. RF is flowing away from DEJ and the surface of the skin, and is the safest mode for darker skin types.
- Bipolar: The current passes between 2 identical electrodes (needle to needle), a neutral pad is not needed, it is a more focused delivery of RF, more aggressive, and more comfortable at deeper depths.
Is the Potenza™ Microneedling Treatment Right For You?
Do you suffer with any of the following skin issues: active acne, acne scars and anti aging concerns such as fine lines and sagging skin? If so, the Potenza microneedling device with Radio Frequency may be right for you.
The Potenza™ microneedling treatment is customizable and designed for you and your needs. From anti-aging concerns related to tightening and firming your skin to minimizing the common signs of aging, the Potenza™ improves scars, stretchmarks and reduces blemishes. You will unleash your skin’s potential after only a few treatments.
Doesn’t it seem like you can personalize everything today? Why should skin treatments be any different? The Potenza™ RF microneedling treatment is a customizable solution that’s designed for you. Whether you want to tighten and firm your skin,* minimize the common signs of aging or reduce blemishes, you’ll unleash your skin’s potential after only a few treatments.
Potenza™ is a quick and cost-effective alternative to laser treatments or surgery. It is an inexpensive way to treat signs of aging without the downtime associated with lasers and surgery.
How does the Potenza™ Microneedling work on my skin?
The Potenza™ microneedling treatment uses ultrafine needles and radiofrequency (RF) energy to penetrate the top layer of the skin and trigger the body’s natural healing process to regenerate new collagen and elastin. Unlike some other skin revitalization treatments, these treatments can be performed on all skin types, anywhere on the body and anytime of the year.
- Stimulates new collagen production to not only give you tighter, firmer-looking skin,* but younger-acting skin;
- Targets blemishes for a smoother, more radiant complexion, and
- Provides faster healing time and deeper penetration of serums compared to
Potenza™ RF Microneedling Vancouver performs like no topical (or even filler) ever could, actually stimulating your body’s natural collagen and elastin levels to treat the advanced signs of aging. Skin will look younger and firmer.* And texture, tone and clarity? Smoothed, brightened and improved.
What makes the Potenza™ so unique is the use of different one-time use needle sets including 25, 47, Tiger Tip, Fusion Tip and the Single Tip for Cystic Acne zapping of individual blemishes.
Often Asked Questions
Why RF Microneedling vs. Non-RF Microneedling?
Potenza™ delivers focused radiofrequency (RF) technology to heat your skin. Using RF technology will trigger your body’s natural response to create an increased level of collagen and elastin production, resulting in an enhanced skin revitalization treatment versus microneedling alone.
What Can I Expect?
The Potenza™ RF microneedling treatment uses ultrafine needles and heat to penetrate the top layer of the skin and trigger the body’s natural healing process to regenerate new collagen and elastin. The elastin and collagen building typically takes place 4-6 weeks after treatment, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks after the last treatment. Unlike other skin revitalization treatments, these treatments can be performed on all skin types, anywhere on the body and anytime of the year. Treatment times may vary, however most treatments can be performed in 45 minutes or less. Potenza™ treatments are well-tolerated, with minimal reported side effects, such as pinpoint bleeding, swelling, redness, or irritation. As pain tolerance varies from patient to patient, numbing cream may be offered to make the more tolerable.
Is this RF microneedling treatment right for me?
The Potenza™ microneedling treatment can treat a wide variety of skin concerns on the face and body. Talk to us to see if this treatment is right for you.
What is the benefit of microneedling treatments that use RF energy?
Using RF energy will trigger your body’s natural response to create an increased level of collagen and elastin production, resulting in an enhanced skin revitalization treatment versus microneedling alone.
When Will I See Results?
The elastin and collagen building typically takes place 4-6 weeks after the Potenza™ treatment, with optimal results usually seen at 12 weeks after the last treatment. The number of passes and penetration to the skin will affect the results seen.
How Long is the Potenza™ Treatment?
Treatment times will vary depending on the patient, area of the body being treated, penetration depth and number of passes, but most Potenza™ treatments are performed within 1 hour.
What is the Potenza™ Microneedling cost Vancouver?
Prices start range from $250 to $1250 depending on the area treated.
How do I get started with a Potenza™ Treatment?
The best is to book a complimentary Skin Care Consult. During the consultation the technician will talk to you about your goals, look closely at your skin and provide feedback on the best treatment options for you.
We have had the Potenza™ Microneedling with RF system at Derma Bright Clinic for over a year now and have been very happy with the results. And most importantly our clients have been thrilled with the results. Many of our clients have been seeking help for their acne scars or are looking for anti aging solutions such as skin tightening.
If the Vancouver Microneedling Potenza™ is of interest to you, start by booking a free consultation at Derma Bright Clinic. You can book online or call / text 604.259.8757 or email [email protected]
At Derma Bright Clinic we are refining skin care to bring out your best and brightest skin!
#vancouver microneedling #microneedling cost vancouver #best microneedling vancouver #rf microneedling vancouver
#microneedling Vancouver #microneedlingvancouver #vancouvermicroneedling #microneedlingcostvancouver #bestmicroneedlingvancouver #rfmicroneedlingvancouver