[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Promo Banner” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f0d110″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”soft-light” custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.15″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”overlay”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ link_font=”|600|||on||||” link_text_color=”rgba(12,12,12,0.59)” header_2_font=”Dancing Script||||||||” header_2_text_color=”#847f83″ header_2_font_size=”32px” header_2_line_height=”1.5em” text_orientation=”center” animation_style=”slide” animation_direction=”top”]
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” admin_label=”Our Specialties Section” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f4f0e9″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Icon-under-headings.png” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_center” custom_padding=”60px||60px|” custom_padding_tablet=”40px||40px|”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Title Area” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ animation_style=”zoom” animation_direction=”left”]I am sure most of us get the connection between healthy body and healthy skin? We know that our skin is a reflection of what is going on in our bodies. And I know that it isn’t always easy to do the right thing when it comes to taking care of ourselves such as eating right, exercising, taking supplements, drinking enough water, etc.
We are all human, and as humans we are not perfect. And that’s okay. I believe it is about recognizing our issues first (what is hurting, making us feel bad, or just doesn’t “feel” right), so awareness. Once are aware we can make small gradual changes to achieve an improvement.
Optimal health is vital if we want a high quality of life. And if there are things that just don’t seem right then let’s see what we can do about them. Detoxing is one way to start that process. You can start with a full-on detox program, on your own or perhaps monitored by a holistic healthcare professional. Once you have done this, here are 10 things that you can do to maintain your body and have it running like the fine oiled machine it is meant to be!
- Exercise: We need to move, we are designed to move. We are not designed to sit for extended periods of time. Exercising gets our internal parts moving including blood flow, lymph fluids, oxygen, and sweating releases impurities. Make a commitment to start doing something like walking once a week and ramping that up. Add a bit of weight training, do some yoga. Just get out there and aim to do some type of exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Drink lots of water, ideally 2 litres a day or the right amount for your weight. Most of us are chronically dehydrated and this leads to a host of issues.
- A massage doesn’t just feel great, it helps to move toxins out of your body. Indulge when you can or take turns with your partner to give each other a nice rub down, it might even lead to some other kind of exercise! Also, use a loofa to dry-brush your skin or try detox foot spas and foot baths to get toxins moving. We have a Foot Spa at Derma Bright Clinic with sessions starting at $60.
- Take care of your stress by breathing deeply to allow oxygen to circulate through your body and focus on positive emotions and beliefs.
- Use a rebounder, those things that look like small trampolines. The up and down motion helps to move toxins on their merry way.
- Use an Infra red sauna to sweat those toxins out.
- Visit us for a Lymphatic drainage treatment. These are amazing! You will feel like a new person plus lose some extra weight that may have been hard to lose before.
- Eat lots of fiber and detoxifying food such as fruits, vegetables, brown rice, cabbage, beets, seaweed, etc and go organic if you can.
- Take care of your liver. Look at things like dandelion root, milk thistle and green tea and take Vitamin C. Start each day with a glass of water with fresh lemon; this helps to detox the liver!
- Try hydrotherapy at home where you take a hot shower for 5 minutes and then try 30 seconds of cold water. Do this 3 times and climb into bed for 30 minutes when done.
April is cancer awareness month. There is a known link between toxin buildup leading to inflammation and ultimately diseases such as cancer.
We also have a number of other practitioners on site to help including a Chinese Doctor, Holistic Nutritionists, RMT, Physio and more!
Make it a point to drink, sweat and move and you will feel a renewed vitality!
Derma Bright Clinic
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.17″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Dermabright_bg-3.jpg” parallax=”on” custom_padding=”5%||5%||true” saved_tabs=”all” global_module=”1792″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.17″][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.17″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.17″]