[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Promo Banner” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f0d110″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”soft-light” custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.15″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”overlay”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ link_font=”|600|||on||||” link_text_color=”rgba(12,12,12,0.59)” header_2_font=”Dancing Script||||||||” header_2_text_color=”#847f83″ header_2_font_size=”32px” header_2_line_height=”1.5em” text_orientation=”center” animation_style=”slide” animation_direction=”top”]
Why You May Want to Consider Taking Daily Supplements
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” admin_label=”Our Specialties Section” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f4f0e9″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Icon-under-headings.png” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_center” custom_padding=”60px||60px|” custom_padding_tablet=”40px||40px|”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Title Area” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ animation_style=”zoom” animation_direction=”left”]Those of you, who know me, know that health is my number one value. Why? Well without it what do you have? You could be a multimillionaire but if your health is the pits what is the point?
When I started Derma Bright Clinic almost five years ago, a driver in doing so for me was my desire to help people have a better quality of life. I felt we could do this in a few ways, one, by offering services designed to help people relax and de-stress, and two, to help people with chronic skin issues such as acne, rosacea, etc.
The second part of this is where our onsite neighbours come in. I always say that great skin starts from within and so it is a wonderful idea at some point to be assessed for things like heavy metals, food sensitivity and hormones as all of these can affect your skin. We are fortunate to have a great group of commited practitioners including nutritionists and a Chinese Medicine (TCM) doctor who can help with these tests.
These tests will help anyone get to the bottom of skin or other issues. There are so many things that can lead to skin issues including hormone irregularities, food sensitivity, heavy metal poisoning, poor diet and lifestyle choices and the list goes on.
I am also a firm believer in taking supplements, but the right ones and not every supplement helps people equally. It is why it is very important that you get tested first to figure out what you actually need. And let me tell you, your family doctor is NOT going to do this for you! But there are other doctors out there who can including Naturopaths and TCM’s. So do yourself a favour and get tested!
I was reading a blog post by Dr. Al Sears recently. I follow his anti-aging posts as he is a real leader in this field. Here is a summary of the key points he made related to the importance of taking the right supplements:
- You can get better with age simply by taking the right nutrients to stay ahead of aging’s effects yet most people are not getting even the bare minimum to stay active and healthy; A U.S. Department of Agriculture study concluded in 1992 that only 4% of the people they looked at were getting even the minimum recommended daily allowance (RDA) of their essential vitamins. A recent government survey found that not one of the 21,000 people surveyed managed to eat the RDA of all the ten basic nutrients studied.
- Basically, we are not getting enough vitamins and nutrients; even many of the most popular multivitamins on the market do not meet the bare minimum.
- In 2011, the journal of Anticancer Research recommended taking 4000-8000 IU of vitamin D a day to cut several health risks by 50%. But most governments have NOT increased the RDA for Vitamin D; in the US, the RDA is only 1000 IU!
- Another problem is that a lot of supplements are inferior and don’t have the strength that you need. The Kaiser Permanente Center in Portland tested 12 brands of Vitamin D (55 bottles total) and found that some samples contained as little as 9% vitamin D!
- Many cheap chemical imitations give vitamins a bad name and you are probably taking a multivitamin but not getting what you need. This is why it is really important to get a doctor’s input and put together a proper program of supplementation. With the right program, you can avoid poor nutrition and give your body what it needs.
- That program should include food; in a perfect world, no supplementation would be necessary. You’d get all of your nutrients and vitamins from your food – like your ancestors did. Unfortunately, we’ve stripped our food of its nutrients and vitamins. Now it’s nearly impossible to get enough of the vitamins and nutrients you need from the Western diet alone. Why? They pumped our meat full of hormones and antibiotics, reducing its nutrient content. And that’s reduced from an already depleted animal. They don’t roam free, accumulating nutrients from eating their native diet of mineral-filled grasses.
Researchers at Colorado State University found pasture-raised, grass fed cows have 400% more vitamin E than the grain fed cows (mostly what you find at your local store). The researchers recommended each head of grain fed commercial cattle get 1000 IU of Vitamin E supplementation a day.
- Fruits and vegetable have suffered, too. Researchers at the University of Texas at Austin studied U.S. Department of Agriculture nutritional data from both 1950 and 1999 for 43 different vegetables and fruits. They found “reliable declines” in the amount of protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, riboflavin (vitamin B2) and vitamin C over the past half century.
- Genetically modified foods are an issue as well. And we can thank Monsanto and big Agra for this. They are slowly turning our food into something that has never existed before in the history of humanity. All this “genetic tinkering” with our fruits and vegetables could be one of the causes of the drop in their nutrient.
So given the above, I do believe supplements are an important part of a balanced diet, just be search to take the right ones and invest in high quality products!
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.17″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Dermabright_bg-3.jpg” parallax=”on” custom_padding=”5%||5%||true” saved_tabs=”all” global_module=”1792″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.17″][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.17″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.17″]