[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ admin_label=”Promo Banner” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f0d110″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”soft-light” custom_padding=”0px|0px|0px|0px” locked=”off”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.15″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”bottom_center” background_blend=”overlay”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ link_font=”|600|||on||||” link_text_color=”rgba(12,12,12,0.59)” header_2_font=”Dancing Script||||||||” header_2_text_color=”#847f83″ header_2_font_size=”32px” header_2_line_height=”1.5em” text_orientation=”center” animation_style=”slide” animation_direction=”top”]
Liposuction or Lipomassage? What you need to know!
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ custom_padding_last_edited=”on|desktop” admin_label=”Our Specialties Section” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_color=”#f4f0e9″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Icon-under-headings.png” background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_center” custom_padding=”60px||60px|” custom_padding_tablet=”40px||40px|”][et_pb_row admin_label=”Title Area” _builder_version=”3.17″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.0.47″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”3.17″ animation_style=”zoom” animation_direction=”left”]
For many women the issue of fat and cellulite are top of mind. For a variety of reasons our bodies invariable change, a result of many factors including children, lack of self care, lifestyle choices, hormone issues or time challenges. Now and then we all could use a little help getting to a place where we are happier with our bodies and this is where the new wave of medical esthetics can play a helpful role.
From a high level there are two types of solutions: invasive and non-invasive. This post is about looking at the differences between two popular body treatments that each fall into one of these categories: the LPG Lipomassage and Liposuction.
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgical procedure that breaks up and “sucks” up the mid level fat from a body part including abdomen, thighs, etc. The fat is removed using a hollow instrument called a “cannula” and a powerful high-pressure vacuum is then applied to it to suck out the fat. Liposuction is one of the most common cosmetic operations in the US with over 400,000 procedures carried out annually. Most people who do it have a stable body weight but have undesirable fat deposits in parts of their body. It is not a weight loss method and is only targeted to fat; its aim is esthetic. It involves anesthetic, hours in a surgical room and a recovery time.
Some Liposuction “pros” and “cons” include:
- Instant weight loss
- Removes fat cells for good
- Generally considered safe and is widely performed
- Down time is a few days or more
- Results can be visible in 2-3 weeks
- May assist with other diseases such as obesity and diabetes
- Improved self esteem
- Have to prove that you tried to lose weight on own through exercise, diet, etc.
- May take longer than a month to 6 months to see results
- May leave bruising and long term scars
- There is a healing period of up to 6 weeks and you may have to wear a type of girdle for a period of time
- Stitches don’t dissolve but need to be removed
- May not feel good for a few weeks after the surgery
- May be side effects such as vomiting or blood clots
- Expensive procedure
- Considered invasive
- It does not remove cellulite, dimples or stretch marks
Cost: Can be up to $10,000 for multiple body parts
LPG Lipomassage is the first FDA approved non-invasive holistic method (developed in France over 20 years ago) to reduce the appearance of cellulite, stubborn fat, loose sagging skin and water retention. It is a combination of gentle suction and rolling of the skin resulting in “lipolysis” or fat release which is activated by stimulating fat cells to trigger the release of trapped fat where diet and exercise cannot reach. The treatments are hugely popular in France where there are more than 18,000 clinics performing the treatment.
Over 90% of women have cellulite which is a result of poor circulation and inadequate lymphatic drainage. Lipomassage works to break up the congested dimpled lymphatic areas which promotes the appearance of cellulite thereby improving blood and lymphatic circulation up to 400% and promoting skin fitness by increasing collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid production.
Some LPG Lipomassage “pros” and “cons” include:
LPG Lipomassage: Pros
- It is safe, relaxing, relatively painless and comfortable
- Can be used on the face (Endermolift) and body (Lipomassage)
- Targets the dimpled top layer of the skin where cellulite resides
- Is performed as an outpatient or in an esthetic spa
- Increases lymphatic fluid and blood circulation up to 400%
- Increases the number of fibroblasts, the size of the nucleus and secretion production
- Increases collagen production by 27 to 130% after 20 sessions
- Thickening and restructuring of the epidermis and dermis (collagen fibers)
- 70% removal of fat (noted in a study conducted by Professor Max Lafontan)
- Each treatment is 30 – 45 minutes
- Clients can often see an effect immediately after a single session
- No downtime
- No risk of burning or harming of the skin
- Can be performed on all body types
- Gradual results
- FDA approved and considered non-invasive
- Relieves muscle tension and soreness
- Great for releasing water retention and toxins
- Usually feel relaxed afterwards with improved energy and sleep
- Helps with post liposuction results (reduces swelling, scar tissue formation) as liposuction does not work on cellulite
LPG Lipomassage: Cons
- May take at least 10 sessions to see noticeable difference
- Touch up treatments encouraged in order to continue to see improvement (cumulative results)
- No guarantee of results
- Results are not permanent, would become part of an anti aging program
- Helps to achieve results by maintaining a healthy diet and exercise
- Ideally requires treatments twice a week when starting
Cost: $120 and upwards
The two primary differences between Liposuction and Lipomassage is that many people are not comfortable with a physically invasive treatment such as Liposuction and the fact that Lipomassage targets cellulite and fat whereas Liposuction only targets the mid level area of fat.
At Derma Bright Clinic (www.dermabrightclinic.com) we see many clients who are not interested in invasive treatment options and look to a philosophy of aging gracefully, something we feel is very achievable with the array of treatment options available today. We offer a more holistic program with attention to nutrition, exercise, supplements and our non-invasive treatments such as the LPG Lipomassage.
Post by: Estrellita Gonzalez
Owner, Derma Bright Clinic
Contact: [email protected] or www.dermabrightclinic.com
Mobile: 1.604.306.7718 or Office: 1.604.259.8757
[/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section][et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.17″ background_image=”https://dermabrightclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Dermabright_bg-3.jpg” parallax=”on” custom_padding=”5%||5%||true” saved_tabs=”all” global_module=”1792″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.17″][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.17″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][et_pb_code _builder_version=”3.17″][/et_pb_code][/et_pb_column][et_pb_column type=”1_2″ _builder_version=”3.17″ parallax=”off” parallax_method=”on”][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]